Tips för hur man kan använda onlineenkäter:
- Drive new visitors to the site. Engage potential customers by using a question in online advertising. If intrigued, surfers will click through to check the answer or compare their opinion to survey results. The customer benefit is seeing the answer. Consider using tailored landing pages to track results.
- Build and extend your e-mail database. Use online surveys to connect with visitors and encourage them to register for your e-mail newsletter. Adapt this approach to gather additional information about your existing e-mail list. For best results, newsletter content should be consistent with survey questions.
- Generate leads for other services, online and off. Use surveys to qualify potential customers and gather contact information. Remember to reward customers for their time and contact information. This could be a coupon, additional information, or a product sample.
- Gather market research. Ensure statistically valid surveys by selecting respondents randomly and not disclosing results before they’re compiled. Business-to-business (B2B) marketers often distribute the compiled survey results to participants to reward responders.
Använd enkäter för att ta reda på olika saker:
- Measuring response rate. Determine how many people respond by source. Separate responses by e-mail, on-site postings, and external advertising (including ads and search). To track on-site leads, measure which pages and positioning yield the best results. For external advertising, consider using tailored landing pages to help tracking.
- Examining noncompleters. Track the number of respondents who don’t complete the survey and where they dropped out. Questions may need to be revised. If respondents complete the survey without giving any contact information, consider whether too much information is asked for upfront without providing value to respondents. Consider using an exit pop-up to ask for feedback from noncompleters.
- Determining revenue per lead by source. Measure which sources (e-mail list, Web site, Web page, pop-ups, etc.) and questions generate the best results.
- Determine cost per lead by source. Determine which sources (e-mail list, Web site, Web page, pop-ups, etc.) and questions yield the most cost-effective results. Remember, costs must be assessed relative to revenue generated and customer lifetime value. (Note: Marketing costs include advertising and related marketing expense. This isn’t a fully loaded cost analysis.)
- Engage customers adds another tool to your marketing arsenal. By coding coupons or leads, you can measure the offline effect of this promotion. It allows you to find out more about current and potential customers in a win-win way.
Viktigt är också att se till att frågorna i sig själva är intresseväckande, ibland lite roliga och fr a relevanta och att de tillfredsställer behov hos den som besvarar frågorna.
Remember, consumers’ time is their scarcest commodity.