Red Tangent visar på hur effektiv marknadsföring som går via word-of-mouth: den bästa formen av relationsmarknadsföring och DR man kan tänka sig – både när det gäller effekt och kostnadseffektivitet:
– Only 14 percent of people believe information passed to them by government and advertising.
– 90 percent of people believe information passed to them by friends and family.
– 80 percent of all consumer decisions are influenced by word-of mouth marketing. (Dichter)
– Eighty-nine percent of consumers now recommend products or services they like to others. (Henley Centre)
– Word-of-mouth is nine times as effective as advertising in converting unfavorable or neutral predispositions into positive attitudes. (Day)
– Word-of-mouth is four times as effective as personal selling in influencing consumers to switch brands. (Lazarfeld)